background

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Audiobook Review: Secret Life of a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

Finally finished Secret Life of a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks. This was a pretty good listen, but there were some parts that absolutely drove me bonkers. I do love Giacomo Casanova, but his friends call him Jack. He's adorable. He's one of the children of Casanova. Anyway, he's sweet. He meets Lara Bouche who is police officer trying to make her way to detective. Jack's are little too rowdy at the bachelor party, and the cops are called. He tries to make them go away, but Lara's mind blocks Jack's mind control. He definitely left an impression, that she comes back to investigate the next day, but no one remembers the situation.

Anyway, Lara hunts Jack down and wants answers. Jack being a vampire can't give straight answers cause bad things might happen to him and his friends. We basically watch Lara and Jack develop a tentative friendship that develops a little more. Jack is trying to keep Lara safe, but Lara is strong independent woman can do this herself. However, bad things happen Lara realize she needs Jack's help.

Overall, I did like Secret Life of a Vampire. I really did like Jack. Lara got on my nerves, but her best friend really got on my nerves. I'm not going to lie, I was hoping the friend would get eaten in the story. Wishful thinking. Even towards the end I didn't really warmed up to the friend. Lara didn't understand the danger she was in until it was almost too late. Ugh. However, Jack really won me over in the story. He was definitely the hero here.

Copy provided by the local library

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment