background

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Devil In Spring by Lisa Kleypas (Review)

Can I tell you how much I love Pandora's story? Seriously, I LOVE HER! She's not an ordinary young woman. Her mind is going 90 mph, and going all sorts directions. When she accidentally entraps Gabriel, her first thought is I'm not marrying him. He's puzzled by that, her feelings toward marriage. After all, he's trying to do the right thing, and he's stuck with a girl who doesn't want anything to do with him. Puzzled and intrigued. Gabriel puts on this facade that he's pretty perfect, except for his mistress. Overall, he's on the up and up. Now he's kind of stuck with this high-spirited girl.

I love Devil In Spring, because we see that through most of the story Pandora trying to show how unsuitable she would be to Gabriel. Gabriel has no clue, but he wants this enchanting creature. His family adores her natural charm, and he kind of enlist their help to figure out a way to show Pandora it will be all right. Gabriel is a lot of fun, because he's such a stand up guy. At first he wants to marry her because it's the right thing to do, but he starts to fall for her hard and fast.

I kind feel like Pandora as I'm righting this, because there's so much I want to tell you about this story. At the same time I can't, because I don't want to spoil. Yes, Pandora does stumble onto something sinister, and I think this plot line carries into the next story. However, the main part of the story is about these two people who accidentally find themselves in a compromising situation. They both need to compromise what they are willing to give and take for happiness.

Rating:
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment