background

Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Covert Affair by Katie Reus (Review)

I have love the Deadly Ops books they have been fantastic. They seem to be packed with suspense and danger. However, A Covert Affair wasn't my favorite. Don't get me wrong it was good, but it was missing a few things for me. With the previous books it started out with a bang, and had you hanging on the seat your pants. Here we go:

By the end of Edge of Danger, Ortiz is hurt badly. Scary bad. Now he's recover and about to go out on his first op after the incident. Man, Ortiz has been beat up pretty bad in this series, he definitely deserves a happy ending. Anyway, mission bound to figure out if one guy is behind the missing women in the area. He also finds out that a past relationship might have ties. Eek.

Amelia Rios and Nathan Ortiz had a relationship when they were younger. However, she ended it abruptly and Nathan never understood. Second chance love story. However, their reunion is a little harder get fixed, because 1) the mission 2) the secret Amelia has been holding on to. When Nathan finds out about the reason for Amelia breakup, he's hurt. He has to process and focus on the case.

All right, A Covert Affair was a good read, but it lacked something for me. It might be the massive explosion within the first couple of chapters or a scary car chase. There is a car chase in the story, but nothing like the previous ones. Rocky start to the reunion, which I understand need to be done. Even towards the end I wasn't satisfy. I wonder if they found Tessa or Danita, because they are mention in the book quite a bit, but I didn't see them. I guess I have to assume they were rescue and found, but still I want to know for sure. Yes, there is a little twist on person was, and I'm not sure if there is going to be any more books. The ending kind of left that open in a sense. I do hope there is more, because I love the series even if A Covert Affair isn't my fave. Katie is still a wonderful writer and her stories do grab your attention. Others have loved this one, but it was okay.

Copy provided by Berkley via NetGalley

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment