background

Monday, December 18, 2017

Audiobook Review: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

I actually listened to Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs before jumping into book two, but I have somehow missed the writing the review. Okay, Jane Jameson just living her life until, she got fired, and then it got turned upside down and inside out. I mean she was plain old Jane, until she got turned into a vampire. Once she was turned she ends up getting framed for murder, and she doesn't understand why Gabriel wants her. Her life hadn't been all that interesting until she turned to a vampire.

Molly brings us into Jane's new world and we get join her on the wild ride. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs is hilarious journey of Jane Jameson as she learns to navigate the world as a vampire. At the same time try to figure out why someone is trying to get her framed for murder, and keep her secret hidden from everyone she knew prior to her rise. This story is light and fun, and a great escape from the real world. I absolutely loved this book. I only had one issue about the story, and that was the ending was a bit awkward. I thought I actually had an abridged audiobook, but I didn't. Truly an awkward ending, then again it kind of fits Jane's awkward situation. However, the other books in the series didn't have that feeling. It could have been this was the first book in the series. That was my only issue to the story. Amanda Ronconi did a fabulous job and this book. I'm telling you I laugh so hard with her style of narration for this book. If you have a chance to checkout the Jane Jameson books, I highly recommend reading/listen. Plus, you want to start from the beginning. Granted Jane does a lot of recapping in the next books, but it's a lot more fun to start with Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.

Rating;
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment