background

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For Her Spy Only by Robyn DeHart

A couple of days ago I read For Her Spy Only by Robyn DeHart, and I must say that I did enjoy the story a lot. Now this is the second story in Masquerading Mistresses. Since this is a novella, I'm just going to jump in why I liked the story.

First off, I liked Winifred and Alistair. Both of them are unique characters. You have Winifred who is understanding and actually shows Alistair patiences. Alistair is a particular guy, and he kind shows signs of Aspergers. While growing up people didn't know how to handle that, so he thought it would be best if he shut himself from the world. Even more so after the death of his first wife, which didn't help the rumors.

Anyway, For Her Spy Only is a pace read for a novella. A lot is going on with Alistair trying to break a code, and the same time trying to get Winifred to get back into his bed. The time they were together he couldn't forget. Then you add the complication of Winifred's child. I did like the interaction between Alistair and the child.

Overall, For Her Spy Only is a pretty good novella. However, I do have one gripe, and that the end felt a little too rush. I think the ending could have been a little longer and still filled the criteria for a novella. Other than that the story is pretty solid, with enough going to keep your attention. Now, I want to know who is the spy and who is next to get the love bug bite.

Copy provided by the publisher

Rating:
1/2 

No comments:

Post a Comment