background

Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Duchess in His Bed by Lorraine Heath

Oh where do I beginning with The Duchess in His Bed. There were so many thoughts going on in my head as I went through this story. I'm torn by this story. On one hand I had so many eye rolls going on with Selena. I struggle to like. Okay I didn't like her. I hated her through most of the book. I hate is a strong word, but it's true. She was a pretty despicable, because she was trying to get pregnant to pass off her child as the next heir of Lushing. The struggle was real. She set her caps on Aiden Trewlove. Now Aiden I LOVED! He had a pretty high moral compass, but you wouldn't guess that from knowing his origins. However, his mother taught him well. He was the redeeming quality to this story. Deep down I was hoping the Duchess would confess her love and throw her title out the window for love.

Don't get me wrong, she struggle with that concept. OH THE STRUGGLE! There were times I wanted to throat punch her, because she was so focus on her duty. There were a couple things I was hoping would pop in the story that would make her realize that she needed love. Some of the things were reveal at the end, and I was going, "I called it" in my head.

Anyway, it was a pretty good read. I actually enjoyed the story, that is a thanks to Aiden. Seriously, he saved the story for me. It was pretty awesome he gave his sperm donor a thrashing. The Earl deserved a thrashing. I did finally warm to Selena, but it took a long time to get there. Thank goodness for true love.

Copy provided by Avon via Edelweiss

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment