background

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Lady Eleanor's Seventh Suitor by Anna Bradley (Review)

I actually read Lady Eleanor's Seventh Suitor last week, and I have to say that it a pretty good read. Anyway, I wanted to read this book, because of the cover of course. Seriously, the cover is amazing. Then the title intrigued me, along with the blurb. Who doesn't like a good blackmailing story. Oh my gosh so the hero, well he's kind of a jerk. He's basically blackmailing Eleanor to marry him, because he has a secret agenda. His reasoning for blackmailing her is pretty twisted. As he's forcing her into their arrangement, he gets to know her. Yes, he feels guilty about what he's doing. Love Eleanor, because she's trying to figure a way out of the blackmailing situation and save her sister's reputation. She's one tough cookie and smart. She was willing to dumb herself down to get out of this marriage. Between these characters is a giant battle of wits, and Eleanor definitely keeps Cam on his toes. I actually like these two together. However, there were times I wanted to beat Cam to a pulp, and trust me he would deserve it. However, he does come to his senses, and does the right thing. Trust me it's not the easiest thing for him to do, but good thing he has a loving younger sister that is willing fight for him.

Yes, I enjoyed this story, and I can't wait for Eleanor's sister's story. She's a twit, and she has some serious growing to do. Now the hero does need to be slap upside his head a couple of times in the book, but the heroine totally makes this read. She's smart and quick, and is willing to do what it takes to save her family. Overall, Lady Eleanor's Seventh Suitor is a definite win for a read.

Copy provided by Lyrical Press via NetGalley

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment