background

Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Gentleman Never Surrenders by Lauren Smith (Review)

After reading An Earl By Any Other Name I was super excited to read the next story. When found out the next story was about Owen, I couldn't wait. I mean Owen did something extremely stupid in the first book, and he kind of deserved what he got. I mean desperate times call for desperate measure. Anyway, when I read the blurb I was like who's Milly. Still super excited, then I started reading I was like, "Oh it's her". Yes, I wasn't too sure about the heroine. If you read An Earl By Any Other Name you might agree with me on this. Serious, Milly happens to be Mildred Pepperwirth, and she's definitely not a pleasant kind of person, or so I thought.

All right so Owen needs funds and Milly has a ton of funds; however, Milly wants to marry for love. After all she wants a relationship like her mother and father. She thought that if any guy wanted to get to know the real her would try to see past her prickly exterior. Yes, Owen is a fortune-hunter, but it wasn't his doing. He wants a wife who is willing to share her fortune to help restore his land. Basically, he tries to compromise Milly's younger sister, but got Milly instead. Now he's trying to make the situation the best he can. Milly is devastated, because her dream is over. Yes, I can go on, but I think you get the gist.

Actually, Owen and Milly are a better match for one another, and they do get to know one another. However, it's not all sunshine and roses, they have to learn to get to know one another and build trust. Seriously, not an easy task when one decided to try to compromise the other.

Overall, I did like A Gentleman Never Surrenders, because we get to see sides of Milly and Owen we didn't get to see. Milly is an actually a decent person. She's not the mean cold-hearted person we see in the first book. I have to say that I actually love Owen. He's a really good guy, stupid at times, but an overall good guy. Now I do have one grip. This story should have definitely longer, or at least an epilogue. Seriously, something happens at the end I'm like "What the heck, seriously!".  So, I'm hoping one of the characters does get a story, and maybe it would give a better understanding of the ending of A Gentleman Never Surrenders.🤞  Other than that it was a pretty good read, and by the end I liked Milly and Owen.

Copy provided by Forever Romance via NetGalley

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment