background

Friday, June 10, 2016

Embarking on a New Adventure


Yes, today we embark on a new adventure. About four years ago, we left California to the unknowns of Montana. If you asked me then how I feel it would have gone like this:
I'm counting down the days till we have to leave this state. We have 3 years and 364 days left. 
Which is a horrible attitude to have, but I wasn't sure how I would feel about snow. Seriously, snow is a scary thing to a Californian, especially a Southern Californian where it's the same temp pretty much year around.

With each passing year Montana has grown on me. Seriously, this state sneaks up on you, and you don't know what hit you. So, when my husband told me that he put in for a new job, I was devastated. His thing was:
Chances of getting this job are slim. I'm not holding out hope, but I had to try. 
Yes, I seriously hoped that he wouldn't get the assignment. Well, my wish didn't come true and it looks like we are heading to Oklahoma. NOOOOOOOOOO!


Now snow doesn't scare me anymore. Oh no; I'm deathly afraid of tornados. Tornados scare the living crap out me. I remember the E-5 that destroyed Oklahoma City in 1999. Everyone keeps telling me they're not that bad. I can handle earthquakes, because that is what I'm use. Tornados are different story and they happen every year. Yes, I have been getting advice from everyone about this area. Frankly, I rather deal with snow. If it's snowing extremely bad you don't go anywhere and you stay indoors where it's nice and warm. A tornado, you pray that nothing bad happens. 

This is are next adventure. We will be in Oklahoma for 4 years. Who knows it might grow on me, only time can tell. I'm going to miss Montana, because I do love living here. Surprise, surprise. Tornado country here I come. 

Have you ever embarked on a journey that has taken you out of your comfort zone? How did you cope? If you haven't what kind of adventure would you like take?


No comments:

Post a Comment