background

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Awakened by the Wolf by Kristal Hollis (Review)

I was able to finished Awakened by the Wolf by Kristal Hollis. I have to say that I enjoyed the story. In Awakened by the Wolf, we meet a group of werewolves known as the Wahyas. We learn about there customs, which is a little different from other shifter stories I have read. Anyway, we meet Brice Walker and he's under the impression that he's banished from his families land. However, he needs to see his grandmother when he stumbles upon our heroine, Cassie.

Okay, I struggle with Cassie through most of the book. She's fiercely independent, and feels that if she asks for help from anybody, she's weak. Which is completely misconstrued, but that is a completely different story. During the story we see her fighting Brice protective instincts and his feelings for her through most of the story. Now Brice I did like a lot. He was patient, and not so at times with Cassie. Yet majority of the time he was patient and giving her space.

Something that bothered me was something that happens close to the end and Cassie views Brice and his family as animals for what they had to do. In someways I thought it was naïve of her to think that the Wahyas were the only ones to be brutal than normal human beings. Yes, they are wolves, but humans to atrocious things to other humans too. To paint all shifters like that kind of raise my hackles a little, and to say that if she hadn't come in contact with them put her in danger. Honestly, she can't know that for fact. Anyway, at times she rubbed me the wrong way.

Overall, I liked Awakened by the Wolf. I did like that it was little different take on shifter breeds. It was a good start for new author. Overall, I liked Brice, and had to warm up to Cassie.

Copy provided by Author via HCBS

No comments:

Post a Comment