background

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Protector for Hire by Tawna Feske (Review)

Let me just say that Protector for Hire by Tawna Fenske is a cute read. However, I did struggle with some of the story. My main struggle was Janelle, because she just came off kind of ditzy at times. Granted she was out of her element and she didn't really know where she was going. Still throw a little bit of everything. However, I did start to warm up to her once she started to get settled in the wilderness of Montana. I love Swartz. He just so gruff and non-personal, but he has the dirtiest month and he's just so much fun.

So, we have these polar opposite stuck in the woods of in the middle of nowhere Montana (which I'm thinking is somewhere close to western Montana, but that is my personal opinion). Anyway, Swartz is attracted to Janelle, but doesn't want to compromise on the mission after all bad things happen when judgement goes out the window. He tries to focus on the one task and that is keeping Janelle safe, but he have all this sexual tension buildup. They basically go back and forth with matching wit. This makes for good comic relief.

Like I said, the story is cute and funny. However, Janelle just bother me on some level. I did love Swartz, and on some level I understood his exile. He had to be on his own to sort through his issues. It did help that when he was watching over Janelle, she did help him realize that he needed his family even if it took 10 years. Overall, not a bad read. A lot of people loved the story, but I just saw it as a good read.

Copy provided by Entangled via NetGalley

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment