background

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lusting for Covers (74): Scandal Takes the Stage by Eva Leigh



Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.

This meme is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.



This Weeks Selection:
Scandal Takes the Stage by Eva Leigh
Publisher: Avon (Oct 2015)
Series: The Wicked Quills of London, 2
Genre: Historical

Blurb:

Eva Leigh’s smart and sexy Wicked Quills of London series continues, with a playwright and a Viscount... together they may create a scandal worthy of the stage, but can their love last after the final curtain falls?

Successful playwright Maggie Delamere has no interest in the flirtations of noblemen like Cameron, Viscount Marwood. She once paid dearly for a moment of weakness… and vows to rebuff the wildly persistent-and irritatingly handsome-scoundrel at every turn. But when pressure to deliver a new play hampers her creativity, an invitation to use his country estate as a writer’s retreat is too tempting to resist...

For years, Cam has admired Maggie’s brilliant work and he can’t pass up the opportunity to discover if the beautiful, mysterious playwright is as passionate and clever as the words that flow from her quill. He’s never offered a lady his bed without being in it, but if it means loosening Maggie’s pen-and her inhibitions-he’ll do exactly that. 

But soon Cam’s plans for seduction become a fight for Maggie’s heart. He’s more than the scandalous, carefree rake society believes him to be… and she’s the only woman who has ever noticed.


Preorder Links:


Why?
Okay this was a tough choice to choose. I mean the first book cover is just as gorgeous, but we all know I'm a red and pink kind of girl. So, we know that I had to go with this cover. Isn't it a fabulous cover. I mean LOVE the red. Plus, I love her facial expression, it's like take me as I am. What do you guys think of the cover?


8 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful cover you have here. Red is always a good color to choose, and her gown is just gorgeous...just makes me want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love that color, it's just so rich. And her expression is very much a "I'll do what I want, deal with it or leave" kind of thing, and I'm all for that kind of heroine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree with you the red dress looks quite stunning and gorgeous on the women and I love the color tone on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree, that red dress is gorgeous ! I like her attitude and the heroin being a playwright is original :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read another a story where the heroine wanted to be a play writer, but it was set in Elizabethan time. I believe she wanted to be a play writer. It's been a while. However, I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all excellent points. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing. I can't wait for October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I wish I could wear a dress like that. Then again I do love my yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete