background

Monday, January 18, 2016

The Earl's Complete Surrender by Sophie Barnes

I finished The Earl's Complete Surrender by Sophie Barnes. First off, I wanted to read this book, because I actually loved the cover. I mean the cover is gorgeous with the hero, heroine, and background, perfect cover. Anyway, my progress of this story was a little slow and I wasn't feeling it. I struggle for most of the story, because we had parts that were drawn out. We had the James and Chloe not really getting together. They would cross paths, but never getting together. They happen to be in the same area as one another. Both of them were looking for the same item, but didn't know for half the book. Once they started working to gather it started to get a little better. I didn't feel the story start to pick up until danger started to appear when they left Thorncliff.

What I liked about The Earl's Complete Surrender was the cover and towards the end. As we got closer to the end I figured who was causing trouble which happen to be a slap in the face to one of the characters. That was pretty good.

What I didn't like was that it took a long time for Chloe and James for them to get together. Granted I can understand why Chloe was reluctant to be with another man after she had a horrible marriage. I could understand James reluctance too. They had a rocky friendship.

Overall, The Earl's Complete Surrender was an all right read. It did have a slow start, but it did pick up the pace closer to the end. I felt that The Earl's Complete Surrender could have benefited with an epilogue. However, it is what it is.

Copy provided by Avon via Edelweiss

Rating:
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment