background

Sunday, November 16, 2014

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean

So, I finally got to No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean. Truth be told I didn't read the book blurb when I bought the book. All I knew was it was the third book for The Rules of Scoundrels, and I had the first book. So, I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started the book. When I started the prologue, I was like what! Which made me read the book blurb. Anyway, I guess I should could get to me thoughts.

How do I put this delicately? I guess I can't, because when I started No Good Duke Goes Unpunished I hated Mara. Seriously, I hated her for 3/4 of the book. Holy crap that is a long time to hate a heroine. Normally it's usually the guy who needs redeeming, and rarely the girl. However, she need to seriously redeem herself and it took a long time. Cause during the first half the book she was focus on selling her the information that Temple had desire. I was just mad for him and what she took from him. So, when Temple was forcing her to do certain, she didn't quite understand and she was angry with him. Fortunately, by the time her brother did his most idiotic idea, she began to realize she was in the wrong, and decided it was time fix her mistake.

Now Temple I absolutely love. Even though he has this persona being the Killer Duke, he actually did have a good heart when push came to shove. He did start to soften towards Mara. Granted I would have completely understand if he never forgave her, by the time the end came he was able to forgive her.

Even though I had a hard time with Mara and through most of the book, but she slowly did start to redeem herself. I was surprise I was starting to like her little by little. Sarah did a marvelous job with Mara, because she was hated by Temple's inner circle and she accepted that. It's not easy to take a despised character and make them redeemable. However, I love when Temple tells her:
"Without the past, there would be no present. No Future. I don't regret a moment of it. It all brought us here. To this place. To this moment. To this love." 
Both of them grew during the 12 years, but they fully developed when they came to terms with the past. I liked how Temple was able to forgive her in the long run. Overall, I did like the story. It was a good to enemy to lovers story with tones of revenge to forgiveness.

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment