background

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wife in Name Only by Hayson Manning

All right yesterday, I finished Wife in Name Only by Hayson Manning. I must say that I enjoyed the book. I actually thought it was a pretty decent story.  Some people might think the story is a bit farfetched, but it's a romance. Sometimes stories are going to be like that. Here's my philosophy: Did you enjoy the book? If the answer is yes, does it really matter if the story is a farfetched? No.

So, we have Zoe Hughes who basically ran away from her marriage when she couldn't compete with her husband's ambitions. The sad thing Rory Hughes didn't really notice his wife was really gone until weeks later. This happens when you have your work as your mistress. Anyways, Zoe calls Rory for help. He figures this is a perfect way to get his wife back. However, he still focus on work. While on the island they slowly rekindle what they had before moving to LA.

Honestly, I really did enjoy this book. Throughout the story I felt the emotional tug. Yes it was hard watching these two go head to head, each of them wanting the other to make the sacrifice to save the marriage. At the same time neither one wanted to compromise. I really liked how Rory had his epiphany and realize he needed his wife more than his career. Yes, I believe Ms. Manning did a wonderful job with this story. There was only one thing I wish the story had and that was an epilogue. I would love to see what happen a little later down the road. Other than that I thought it was a pretty good story. So, if you are looking to get away on tropical island with some emotional tug, you might want to give Wife in Name Only a try.

Copy provided by author

Rating:


Purchase links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment