background

Friday, June 14, 2013

Just My Luck by Kelley Vitollo

Now moving on to something sweet and innocent. The latest book from Kelley Vitollo which happens to be Just My Luck. Yes, this is the latest news from Shamrock Falls.

If you have been keeping up with the gossip (or at least reading the previous stories) you would know that Betsy Harris has been nursing a serious crush on Jace Macnarama. She's totally hopeless. We all know it's never a good idea to fall for the player of the town, but alas the heart doesn't listen.

However, this player has a problem. Yep, he needs to find a wife, or forfeit his home to his grandfather's wife. Oh no! Now where is he going to find a women who will keep house with him for at least six months. Nothing like going to the old reliable friend. Betsy is the best bet to get his childhood home.

All right, I was little worry how this story was going to workout. Granted I do love a story with a marriage of convince. However, I did fret how Jace and Betsy relationship would change. Yet, somehow it magically worked out. I must say I found some surprising facts about these two. For instance, shy quiet Betsy is a closet sports fanatic. Yep, you would never guess that. And Jace is, well, I guess there isn't really anything secret about him. He's a pretty straightforward guy.

I really did like this story and how the dynamics of their relationship change. I did love the fact his grandfather was looking out for Jace, even though he didn't understand why Wallace did what he did. As I said, I wasn't sure how this would have worked out after all he's a player and she's a shy gal who has a serious crush on him. You would think it would spell disaster. So, if you are looking for a sweet romance with friends who came to each others aid, I would suggest checking out Just My Luck. It leave you with that warm-fuzzy feeling.

Copy provided by publisher

Rating:
1/2


Purchase links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Melody. Thanks! I'm off to Amazon now to download.

    ReplyDelete