background

Monday, June 3, 2013

Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord by Tiffany Clare

I just finished Tiffany Clare's second book in Dangerous Rogues Series, which is Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord. Some series are flexible and you can start at any point in the series. Technically you can with this book, but I would encourage y'all to read Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady first. However, it is not require to read this book, just suggested.

Well, if you have read Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady you will notice some of the story over laps in both books. However, the focus in Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord focuses more on Tristan Bradley, Marquess of Castleigh and Lady Charlotte Lindsey.

I have to say enjoyed and liked the story. As I said the story focus on Tristan and Charlotte. They both need something from each other, but they are not sure how they will accomplish there task. Charlotte wants to get out of an engagement to an odious man who her father thought would be a good match. How wrong he is, and has no desire to call off the betrothal. While Tristan wants to seek out revenge.

All right, I was on fence with Charlotte. Through most of the book I did like her, but there were somethings I just couldn't stand. Yet, towards the end she was able to redeem herself in my eyes. I think a lot of the issue I had with Charlotte was she acted young. Granted she was young, but she really acted young and naïve at times.

Tristan on the hand, loved him throughout the book. The more I got to know Tristan, he really wasn't really a rake as the TON made him out to be. Yes, he might have been a bit wild in his youth, but he's a great guy. I'm pretty sure he would give his shirt off his back to a friend in need.

Overall, I'm impress on the job Ms. Clare has done with this story. Especially, with some of the story overlapping the first book. Sometimes when you have a story that overlaps, it might become redundant which is not the case with Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord. However, if you want to start with this book first, you should be fine. If are looking for a rogue and girl trying to get out of betrothal, you might want to give Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Copy provided by St. Martin Press

Rating:
1/2


Purchase links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment