background

Saturday, June 8, 2013

eARC: Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal by Jayne Fresina

I finished Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal by Jayne Fresina. Let me just say, I did enjoyed the book, but I had a hard time getting into the story. So, through the book I was trying to put my finger on why? Then it dawned on me, I didn't really like Lady Mercy. Now you are probably wondering, why? Let me explain:

As I said, I didn't really care for Lady Mercy, well, it all stems from The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne. This is where I first encounter Lady Mercy, granted she was an obnoxious twelve year with an opinion about everything. Granted that doesn't change very much in ten years, she's still opinionated about everything and believes she knows what's best for everyone. She's believes she knows what's best for Rafe Hartley.

So, Rafe and Mercy have an animosity towards each other which borders on something I'm not sure. The crazy thing is their relationship kind of models Rafe's father James Hartley, and his step-mother Ellie. Which I didn't notice until towards the end of the story. So, if you have read The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne, you will notice some similarities. I guess chasing after obstinate women must run in the family.

Overall, it's a whimsical read. Basically, light and fun and is just pure entertaining. Yes, Rafe and Mercy are older and still fight like cats and dogs, but they it's a fun read. So, if you are looking for something light, I would suggest Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal. Plus, it has the feel of the other stories, which is important in a series. I'm just curious about what's going to happen with her Lady Mercy's brother. Now that should be interesting.

Copy provided by Sourcebooks via NetGalley

Rating:



Purchase Links:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment