background

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Medium by C.J. Archer

Most of y'all were probably at a BBQ, cookout, or whatever you do on the Fourth of July. Not me. I actually was a homebody yesterday and decided to read a book. Ok, I didn't  stay indoors the whole day I actually went to a couple of stores, but that's beside the point. So, by spending most of my day indoors I got to read a fun book that made me think of the Ghost Whisperer. Which by the way was my favorite show, but it was after it came to its conclusion 2010; you gotta love re-runs. While most of you were preparing your celebrations I was reading The Medium, which is the C.J. Archer's new book which is set in Victorian England.

 Emily Chambers is a girl in the 1880 who has a special talented, which is she can speak to ghost. After all, that would freak some people; what am I talking about the ability to speak to ghost would freak a lot of people out. Even though her talent freaks a lot people out, she is still called to help love ones and there ghost to move on. During one of there séance, her sister accidentally unleashes an evil demon to heart of London. By doing this, Emily ends up with a little help from the other side by the name Jacob Beaufort. While they are demon hunting Emily starts to fall in love with Jacob. Loving a ghost makes things kinda of complicated.

Since this is the start of a new series, I really like it. I hope that we get to see more of Jacob Beaufort in the series, because he's an interesting ghost with an interesting back story that still needs to be uncover. I love how outspoken Emily is, but when you talk to ghost I guess you need to be an outspoken kinda gal. I look forward to reading more adventures of Emily Chambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment