background

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Bargain Bride by Barbara Metzger

Good morning everyone. I was trying to decide what book I wanted to write about today. Since I have so many books that I have read and want you all to know about them. Todays pick is The Bargain Bride. I read this about three times when I was starting my collection of romance novels  again. Let  me share the history.

When I started to reading romance novels again, I always got embarrass at some of the covers.  I got over that fast, since some of the covers are accompanied by some pretty good stories. Well, The Bargain Bride has a modest cover, so of course I bought it.

I love how the story starts out with a marriage agreement made when Persephone Goldwaite was 13 years old. Thirteen years later she still hasn't married Kendall Westmoreland, Viscount Westfield and she's fed up and has decided not to marry him. Come on 13 years is a long time to wait for a guy even if he has a titled. However, her father says no and they have to marry each; after all its in writing. Gotta love a forced marriage. Well, Persephone has a lot of insecurities due to the fact that she has been place firmly on the self for so long; when West finally marries her, she figures he couldn't get out of the marriage contract. However, he slowly falls in love with her.

Ok, if that was all to the story it would be pretty boring, but its not. In the story you have scummy step-brother who just wants Persephone's money, a wastrel brother-in-law, a conniving step-mother and bitter ex-mistress. You gotta love a bitter ex-mistress. I liked the story after all I read it three times. However, this my opinion of the book. So, if you want to check out The Bargain Bride it's a pretty good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment