background

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Wrapped Up in You by Jill Shalvis (Review)

Let me start with I'm so excited Kel O'Donnell gets his own book. Some of you might be going, "Hey this is the first time we are seeing Kel." I would say you are wrong. We actually meet Kel in another series, and I felt that he needed his own book, but then that series ended. Yep, I was sad to see that happen. Yet, Jill was able to bring him to San Francisco and he gets his own story. YAY!!!!!!

Kel is definitely a sexy sherif in another series, and he's still sexy. It's been a while since I read that series, but I always felt needed to have a girl. I totally forgot that he had a few bad things happen to him. Anyway, he's kind of like damage goods emotionally. However, he's willing to take a chance on Ivy. Okay, Ivy owns the taco truck that everyone loves. She's been included into the group, but feels like an outsider. That's partly her fault. She continues to keep up a wall, because she's afraid they aren't going like her background. As the story goes on Kel starts to breakdown the walls and is slowly falling in love with the girl, and the say can be said about Ivy.

Anyway, the story seems like everything is going to be picture for these, but trouble seems to creep back into Ivy's life, and she's not sure what to do. Towards the end I felt bad for Ivy, because you get the full extent of her past courtesy of her brother. Which makes Kel doubt Ivy, but that stems from his past. I really thought this was going to be a sappy read that didn't have any real drama, but I had to wait for the drama. Drama is part of life, and it would have been a pretty dull story if there wasn't something that push these two apart and back together. I hope that we can get a story for Ivy's brother. I think that would be an interesting read. Maybe a spinoff, maybe not. Wrapped Up In You was a pretty good read.

Copy provided by Avon.

No comments:

Post a Comment