background

Friday, July 26, 2019

The Me I Used to Be by Jennifer Ryan (Review)

I wasn't sure about The Me I Used to Be, because I heard of lot mix reaction. However, I decided to take a chance on the story. Let me tell you the first part of the story ripped me to shreds. I didn't expected to need a box of tissues for the first 10 chapters of the book. Yes, grab that box, because you are going to need them to make it through the first half part of the story.

Evangeline is one tough cookie. She had to be strong for her family, and the sacrifice she made on their behalf. Her family was cruel, but they assumed the worst of her. With her strong will to survive, she was able to make new life for herself. Before she could do that, she had to conquer the past.

I absolutely loved Evangeline strength of character, and how she grew as a person. She also helped her family to grow and rebuild.

There's a lot going on in The Me I Used to Be. We have a young woman trying to take down the issue that caused her fall, and rebuild from that. We also see the conquering heroine find happiness in the end. She totally deserves it after what she been through. Definitely can be a book club selection. So much to talk about, especially when you have a protagonist like Evangeline. Groups can talk about why they think it was important for her to go to jail. A lot to talk about. The main focus of the story is Evangeline's growth, but there's romance that pop up in this story, and a little suspense. Jennifer Ryan does like to add a little of that to her story. Overall, a pretty good read.

Copy provided by Harper Collins

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment