background

Friday, September 9, 2016

Audiobook Review: First Star I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

I finally got around to listening to Susan Elizabeth Phillips First Star I See Tonight. The story was pretty good, and the narrator wasn't bad, but she wasn't Anna Fields. I think it would have been better if they had found a narrator who could have done a more southern drawl I would have been happy. After all it's Cooper Graham. Nicole Poole did a good job.

Now I have been hopping around through this series, you don't have to read the previous books in order to read this one. There are a few characters that popup from the previous books here and there. Don't worry.

We have Piper Dove who is a struggling PI. She's trying her best, but she wasn't cut out to be in that line of work, but it's her legacy. She was hired to follow Cooper Graham. She's quite harmless. Anyway, Piper isn't the type of girl would go after, but she's a challenge. I love how Susan makes these heroine, because they are normal woman, but extraordinaire personality. Piper is quite the character. She's sassy and funny, which knocks the wind out of Cooper Graham. You have Cooper Graham. There is no other way to describe him than using his full name.

Overall, First Star I See Tonight is like the predecessors in this series, fun to listen to. There were a couple things I wondered about the story like where he went to school. To a normal reader it wouldn't bother them, and I probably wouldn't have cared had I not moved to Oklahoma. In the story says one thing, but then mentions Norman which is OU territory. It's just me. Narration was all right, but a fun listen. It would be something I would go back and re-listen. Need something to pick you and laugh, First Star I See Tonight might be your answer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment