background

Thursday, January 3, 2013

When In Paris by Beverly Kendall

Oh my gosh for the past few days I have been reading Beverly Kendall's recent book When In Paris. I have read Ms. Kendall's historical novels, by the way love. However, she has ventured out of historical romance novels to New Adult. I know you're probably wondering, "what's that?" Well, it's not quite Young Adult, but it's not quite Adult more like that in-between. So, now you are wondering what's When In Paris is all about:

Olivia Montgomery is starting her new life as a college fresh. How exciting, right? Ready move on to the next step in her life. Everything was going swimming up until a blast from her past walks into her french class, Zachary Pearson. Olivia has always had a crush on Zach, but he has always disliked her or so she thought.

I loved this story. Really, I did. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading the story, but I fell in love with the characters. I actually love that it starts off in college. Granted I'm not a huge fan of college antics (I must be getting old), but I really enjoyed the story moved along.

At the beginning of the story, you see Olivia and Zach trying to be friends, because both of there roommates are best friend from high school. If Zach and Olivia can't get past their high school past, it will make get togethers kind of awkward. Granted there are some awkward moments in the book and makes me appreciate I'm not the one in those situation.

They have there rocky start, but seems to go well once they get to Paris. All hell breaks lose once they get back to the states and their separate definitions of what they have. Plus, it doesn't help that Zach PSYCHO ex-girlfriend keeps butting into their lives. Wow, and there was so many ways that Ms. Kendall could have gone with Zach's ex.

Overall, I loved the story. Here's why: 1) Had me snickering throughout the book. 2) The oh lord moments (you need those in college). 3) I actually enjoyed how it would go back and forth with Olivia's point of view then to Zach's point of view. Not something you see to often books; however, it really works for this story. 5) I can't wait to see more from of the Language of Love books. Seriously, I lost sleep reading this book. So, if you are looking for something new to read you might want to checkout When In Paris, you won't be sorry. I hope you have wonderful day and see you in a few days.

Copy provided by author.

Rating:
 



Purchase Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment