background

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seven Minutes in Devon by Catherine Gayle

YAY, a book on my personal TBR list complete! Well, I just finished Seven Minutes in Devon by Catherine Gayle. I have to say that it is a little different from the other Catherine Gayle books and stories I have read prior. Still a good read, but just a little different. I would even go so far as a little darker. Here is my reason for me saying this:

Aidan Cardiff blames Emma Hathway for his sister's  attempts on taking her life. Granted Emma has nothing to do with Lady Morgan trying to take her life. It's just easier to redirect your anger to someone else than put the blame on someone you love dearly, which makes Emma an easy scapegoat.

During the three years they last saw each other, Aidan's animosity hasn't  diminish at all and now stuck at a house party with Emma. Yet, Emma has on a couple missions to complete: 1) Avoid Aidan as much as possible. 2) Try to find a husband, so she won't be a burden on her family. Sounds like a simple task, right? However, it doesn't help that Aidan can't leave her lone or stop brooding over her.

Yes, a little darker, but still an enjoyable read. I can't wait to see what happens to the other Cardiffs. I wonder who will love Lady Morgan. It would be have to be someone who can over look her scars and blindness. Then Aidan older brother, I kind of worry about him. The girl he has tender feelings just got engage. ACK! So, this shall be interesting to see how they find their happy endings. So, if you are looking for brooding hero who has a problem directing blame, you might want to read Seven Minutes in Devon. It's a pretty good read and good start for the beginning for Ms. Gayle's new series.

Rating:


Purchase Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment