background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah Maclean

Good evening everybody. Well, I just finished Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah Maclean. What surprised me is I didn't rate this book on Goodreads. Seriously, I have read this book two times already and this would be a third time. Well, that is going to change today.

I love Sarah Maclean's books. I have read most of them more than once or will. Anyways. I figure I would revisit her books, since she has a new book coming out soon (by the way I'm super excited about the next book).

I love Juliana Fiori; she just happens to be a living walking scandal. We first meet Juliana in Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. She happens to be the half-sister of Gabriel and Nicholas St. John. With a questionable upbringing, no one in the Society expects much from her, especially a certain Duke.

Simon Pearson, Duke of Leighton (AKA the Duke of Disdain), wants nothing to do with this walking trouble named Miss Fiori. Yet he can't seem to escape her. Somehow, he ends up in a wager between her to see what wins out: passion or reputation. Juliana believes passion is the essence of life while Simon believes reputation is more important. So, we see the battle of wits go head to head in this story.

This story is a little rough. Nothing too serious, but there is a sadness to Juliana voice as you read story. It's not like she wants to be a walking scandal, but life just happens to make her a walking scandal. Throughout the story you just hope that she can have her happy ending.

I love that Juliana challenges Simon, even though he's a Duke and should be held with more respect. Yet, she just sees him as a person. So, the battle of wits go head to head. Honestly, I'm glad Juliana puts  Leighton in his place, because he's a pompous (well, you can figure that out).  He's really hard to love. I have a hard time with Leighton throughout the book. Seriously, he's a jerk that is stuck on the whole idea that people are below him. I understand he's a Duke, but he took to the extreme.

Overall, I really like this book and I think Juliana putting Leighton in his place is the highlight of the whole book. It is a great end to wonderful series that I have loved and read more than once. So, I hope you all get a chance to read this story and the others, because they are so wonderful. I will see you all later.

Rating:
   


Purchase links:

No comments:

Post a Comment