background

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Trouble with Being Wicked by Emma Locke

For the past few days I have been reading an imaginative debut read by Emma Locke, which is The Trouble With Being Wicked. So, let me share with you the story and my thoughts of this sensational read.

Celeste Gray has been a courtesan for approximately 18 years. However, she's been looking for a change, especially when her friend Elizabeth Spencer is pregnant and need a place to give birth to her child. They headed to Brixcombe-on-the-Bay in the Devon area.

Ready start there new life, they meet Ashlin Lancester, Viscount Trestin. Celeste feels something she has never felt before when she encounters Lord Trestin. Which can only spell trouble. At the same time Ash is drawn to Celeste, yet he feels that she wouldn't fit into her sober lifestyle. He also feels he needs to keep his sisters away from Celeste. However, Ash's sisters seem to search out trouble themselves.

Ok my thoughts: The first couple of chapters I found a little slow. Sometimes when you are starting a new story to a series you need to have a build up for future story,  so I found it was worth the time to get to know the characters in the story. I love how the heroine is courtesan. I found her intriguing. A girl force into being a courtesan, and wanting to make a change in her life. Sometimes it can be a challenge to write a character like Celeste, yet I really enjoyed her character.

Since Ms. Locke has one extreme, might as well make the hero the polar opposite, which makes the story more interesting. Especially when he wants to be the exact opposite of his father who was know for womanizing and making the rounds of the demimonde. I also love how Ash takes on a lot of responsibility for his family to make sure scandal doesn't touch them. Yet somehow scandal does find them.

Overall, I found the story well written and has me eager to read more about Elizabeth and Ash's sisters. I must say that this is a great start for the Naughty Girl series. Once the storyline got moving I found myself that I couldn't put it down. Plus, I had to know if Ash could get past the fact that Celeste was courtesan or if he found a woman with a pristine character. So, I hope that you might get a chance to checkout The Trouble With Being Wicked. I hope you are having a wonderful day and I will see y'all later.

Copy provided by author

Rating:
4stars

No comments:

Post a Comment