background

Monday, December 31, 2012

Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase

Today's lovely selection is Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. Let me share the history of this book. I actually bought this book last year. The reasons I bought this book: 1) I actually read another book by this same author and loved her writing style. 2) It was on sale. If any of you know me, knows I can't pass a book on sale. Let just say it's my kryptonite.

Anyways. I was on twitter and chatting with a couple of friends about books (whatelse would I do). So, Lord of Scoundrels came up a couple of times. I mentioned that I owned it, but haven't read the book. Some of my friends were aghast at the notion I haven't read this book. The pile of TBR is quite long; on top of that I can't resist a sale. Finally, I broke down this holiday to read Lord of Scoundrels.

First off, the prologue just broke my heart. Granted it was sad that the previous Marquess of Dain's family had all passed away. He did remarry and probably didn't make the best choice. Even with choice, he didn't have the treat Sebastion like he was an ugly unwanted person. Just because he had an awkward childhood doesn't mean he's going to still look the same, he might actually grow into his features. Everyone seem to see Sebastian as this ugly demon like guy that people just tolerated. So, Dain decided to live up to there expectation as Lord Beelzebub.

Jessica Trent was tired of her brother cause a nuisance in France and decided to bring him to task. After all, he is the head of the house. Not only did she not come along, but she brought along her grandmother (I loved the the fact she was a cougar) to celebrate her birthday. Once in town she meets Lord Dain and is taken back by his appearance. Not that he was ugly, but she couldn't resist him. Trying to save her brother and herself from Lord Dain will be a challenge.

I actually really liked the story, and I was kind of sorry that I hadn't read this story right away. Oh well, I have atone for my mistakes. I love the chemistry between Jessica and Dain. I mean they were both hot-headed people that were fighting their attraction to one another. Neither one of them was willing to let the other win. I love that Jessica saw pass Dain dark and evil persona. Plus, she was a quick-witted girl. Overall, I LOVED the fact she shot Dain when she was pissed-off with him. How many times have you wanted to hurt some that wronged you and not suffer the consequences; that was awesome! A pretty darn good read and I'm glad I got a chance to read this book. So, if you haven't read this book, you might want to check this story out. I hope you have a wonderful New Year and I will see you next year.

Rating:
4 Stars

Purchase Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment