background

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Real Men Don't Break Hearts by Coleen Kwan

All right for the past couple of days I have been reading Real Men Don't Break Hearts by Coleen Kwan. I have to say I really enjoyed this story and I love when I get a chance to read author's that are new to me. It just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when I enjoy there work and can't wait to see what else they might have out there.

Anyways. Ally Griffin grew up in Burronga, Australia, and always had the typical girl dreams: find love, get marry, and have a family. Yet, life hasn't turnout the way she envisioned, but she has made the best out of it with the cards she was dealt with. However, life always seems to throw a curveball here and there from time to time.

Nate Hardy grew up as the local bad boy, always getting himself in trouble. Somehow he manage to get his life in order and grow up some. Nate decides to come back to Burronga to correct some wrongs from his past and start anew.

Funny how the past and present collide into one another. Ally receives a couple of disturbing news. Of course, it happens all in one day.  First, she comes to find out the ex that jilted her six years ago is getting married in their hometown. Great. Second, she gets a new landlord and it's not just anyone. Of course it had to be the cousin of her ex. Seems to get better and better. Sounds to me a disaster waiting to happen.

I adore the rocky start, seriously. I actually enjoyed all the bad news hitting her all at the same time and wondering how this is all going to workout. I appreciate how Ally is viewed as miss goody two-shoes and Nate is a bad boy trying to reform. Plus, I like her busybody family thinking they know what is best for her. Funny how that works when your the youngest of the bunch. Overall, it was a sweet enjoyable read. So, if you are looking for that sweet read that leaves with that warm fuzzy feeling, you might want to checkout Real Men Don't Break Hearts.

So, I hope you all a wonderful holiday and I hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Copy provide by publisher

Rating:
   


If you would like to purchase this book here are the links:



No comments:

Post a Comment