background

Thursday, December 6, 2012

ARC: Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Marina Adair

For the past few day I have been reading a wonderful read by Marina Adair, which is Kissing Under the Mistletoe. So, the first night I started reading the story and I just couldn't put it down. Really. It wasn't until the words started going blurry that I realized I needed to go to sleep, otherwise I would have kept on reading. So, let me share this story is about and what I thought of story.

Regan Martin has been living with the consequence of a mistake she made when she was 19 years old. Never ever really able to get past the past, especially when Gabe DeLuca keeps shoving her past in her face.

She uproots her daughter and herself from Oregon to Napa Valley area  of California (Wine Country) to start anew only to find out that she was working for the man basically destroyed her life for her mistake. Of course, that doesn't last long, but refuses to uproot her family again decides to stay and fight. Sounds like it will be an entertaining story.

I need to put this upfront, I cried for the first 100 pages. Seriously, like the ugly cry. I felt so bad for Regan and how she has been unable to catch a break. Granted it's all the fault of an extremely attract man name Gabe, but still six years is an awful long time to fight his sister's battles. I also thought of Regan being the living embodiment of Murphy's Law. You know the law that states: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Well, that pretty much sums up Regan's life. Poor girl right.

Then you have Gabe who does have some endearing qualities. I know it's hard to believe when he has been systematical tearing Regan down. However, he's loyal to a fault to his family. There is no one better to have in your corner than Gabe. Yet, he does need some work done before he's the perfect man.

What makes this story complete is the Mrs. Clauses: ChiChi, Pricilla, and Lucinda. Who I think of more like fairy godmothers to Regan and Holly. You always need someone in your corner, even when you need it most.

Overall, I LOVED this story. I mean it was a fantastic read. So, if you are looking for something to make laugh, cry and whatever else you might want to checkout Kissing Under the Mistletoe. Plus, it's great read for the holidays.

Copy provided by the author.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment