background

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson

Continuing on with my Christmas reads, I just finished a heartwarming Christmas story about overcoming tragedy in life. Nothing like sharing a heartwarming Christmas story during this time of year, so I bring you Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson.

Poor Jane, who lost almost everything in a house fire. Unfortunately, her husband was unable to survive the fire. At the same time she was able to survive and so were her kids.

Two years later, Jane and her children move back to her hometown in Lone Pine Lake to start anew. With the help of family, she slowly pieces her life back together. When her brother Mac suggested they take a tour of the fire station to help them to overcome their fear of fires.

Once they arrive, Jane and her family meet Captain Christian Nelson. (Oh my, oh my). Anyways. Chris kind of feels an attraction to Jane. Which is unusually, since he tends to steer clear from woman with baggage. Yet, there's something special about Jane. Can this work out or will it be put out before something starts?

So many words that could describe this read: inspiring, stirring, encouraging, gladdening and of course heartwarming. I loved this story. Not because there was a sappy ending, but all those words I listed. Jane's Gift gave a story of hope and new beginnings, especially when overcoming a terrible tragedy. Jane is a wonderful character. I love how she tries to fit the pieces of her life back together. I'm not sure how many women would ever really survive from something like that. Then you have Chris who tends to be commit phobic, because of his childhood. Yet he's willing to take a chance on Jane.

So, if you are looking for a heartwarming, stirring, and encouraging love story for Christmas, you may want to checkout Jane's Gift. I absolutely loved the story of new hope. I strongly encourage you check this story out, plus the hero is drool-worthy.

I hope y'all have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy those holiday reads.

Rating:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment