background

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Live Like You Mean It by Ava Stone (Review)

I finished reading Live Like You Mean It by Ava Stone. All right, we all know how much I love Ava's writing and a big fan of her historicals. Well, she has started to branch out in the new adult world. This is the first book in her new series. It's not bad and I have remember it's the first book in the series. Sometimes we need to find some footing and establish some characters for future stories.

First off, I like both Leah and Brody. Both of them come from two different worlds. Leah use to be wild and crazy, and we know this cause her choices in life left her with a child that she is now raising. While Brody is this rocker and aiming for the big times and he might get his chance. However, he has to decide if fame and fortune is what he really seeks.

I like how the book is written in dual POV, so we get to hear both Leah and Brody's thoughts and feelings. I respect Leah for letting Brody pursue his career, and he almost ruins his chance on true happiness. So, most of the book is pretty happy go lucky for Leah and Brody, and I was honestly waiting for something bad to happen. I know it's rotten of me. However, the drama didn't really happen until last 30% of the book. I believe that's the point where Ava started to find her footing. I did like the story, but I think I would have liked more drama. Crazy, I know. However, I was kind of curious about other characters in the story and what's going to happen to them. For instance, Brody's bandmates are an interesting bunch. We have: Daniel, but we don't know much about him. Cade, he's an absolute mess, and I don't know how she's going to redeem him. I'm not going to lie he intrigues me, because he's a mess. Jason, he's painted like a douche in the eyes of the band, but he has a lot going on in his life. Which I'm curious how it's going to effect him in the long run. Leah's brother was another character that caught my eye. He's also Jason's best friend. There are a few other characters I'm curious to see what happens.

Overall, not bad. You all just need to remember Live Like You Mean It is a first book, and sometimes they are little rocky. As I said I'm looking forward to see what happens in the series and how it all plays out. Ha.

Copy provided by the author.

Rating 3 1/2 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment