background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Secrets of a Scandalous Bride by Sophia Nash

There are two things I do the most. The first is I look for a good deal. I love when books are on sale. It makes me want to do a happy dance. I also love that when I find a good deal and its a great read. The second thing I do is find a book that is in a middle of a series. I don't do this on purpose; it just happens. Trust me I'm notoriously picking a book in the middle of series I don't know why or how. However, I find out  when I get close to the end of a book. Then I notice it's book three or four in a series. Oops! So, I enjoy it when I can read it and not worry I didn't read the first couple of books. However, there are some books you can't do that. However, Secrets of a Scandalous Bride can be a stand alone book. For those that are wondering what book it is; it's book four in the Widow's Club. With that said heres what it's about.

Miss Elizabeth Ashburton is masking around as a widow trying to avoid General Leland Pymm. Let's say even though he is a revered war hero, he is a bastard of the first order. Everyone loves him and he is about to become a duke. At a friend's wedding she notices General Pymm and Elizabeth makes her great escape. However, you know the old saying out of the pan into the fire, well, it applies here. She ends up in the coach of a notorious Mr. Rowland Manning. He's the bastard son of the former Earl of Wallace and half brother to the current Earl. So, there is a price Elizabeth must pay in order for Mr. Manning to keep her safe. I don't know how safe that could be, after all how can you trust a scoundrel?

Ok, let me say I loved this book. It was amazing and I couldn't put it down. The book was highly entertaining and with some twist I would never would have seen coming. It was worth the time I took to read it. I would even recommend you guys to read Secrets of a Scandalous Bride





No comments:

Post a Comment