background

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Second Chance Girl by Susan Mallery (Review)

A couple of days ago I finished Second Chance Girl by Susan Mallery. I actually wanted to read this story, because cover is soooo adorable. However, the story was an all right read. We have Carol Lund, who was a bit of a downer. After awhile you kind of get tired of her saying she's not so special, and the boy next door isn't going to ever be in love with her. Then we have the player next door, Mathias Mitchell. He has many issues they all stem from his family. He's a bit of commit phobic, and this is the reason he's friend zone Carol. However, he's trying hard to fight his feelings for Carol. Actually, I liked Mathias a lot. Also in the story we follow Carol's sister and the Duke. I actually like their storyline a lot better than main story line. I kind of wish the story focused more on Violet and Ulrich; oh well.

Like I said it wasn't a bad read. I felt a little down as I was reading Carol's head. However, I did like her interaction with Millie, the giraffe. I also liked how they were trying to get Millie some friends that was sweet of them all. Anyway, Second Chance Girl was an all right read to me. I think the town is a bit adorable, so I'm willing to continue on with the series.

Copy provided by Harlequin via NetGalley

Rating:
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment