background

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis (Review)

Jill Shalvis sure does know how to give sweet, sappy, and fun. In her new series, Heartbreaker Bay, we are introduce to a new group that are fun. Even though the story takes place in the big city, you still get the small town feel with the group tight-knit camaraderie. Yes, everyone knows what is going.

Anyway, we Pru who is trying to make amends for the wrongs of her parents. Totally selfless. Some might view her as a martyr, but I adored her. I could relate to her on a lot of levels. She's the type of person who will give and give till she doesn't have anything else to give, but would find a way to continue. Then you have Finn, who has worked hard trying to make sure that him and his brother survive. He doesn't seem like he knows how to have fun until Pru enters his life.

I did like Sweet Little Lies; it gave me the feelies as I was reading. I like how Pru was able to bring life back to Finn. Granted I wasn't a big fan of Pru waiting so long to tell Finn who she was and what she was doing, but I understand why she was hesitant. Who likes to tell someone a secret that shake the foundation they stand on? Anyway, a great start for a new series. Not only you get to know Finn and Pru, but you slowly get to know their tight-knit group. Yes, I'm curious on a couple of them and can't wait to see how this series plays out. If you are in the mood for sweet, sappy, and fun, you won't have to look to far, because it awaits you in Sweet Little Lies.

Copy provided by Avon
Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment