background

Saturday, August 4, 2018

The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting (Review)

I adore Helena Hunting writing. I mean her stories are always funny, witty, and entertaining. When I saw that The Good Luck Charm was coming out, I had to read the story. Seriously, I had a good time with Lilah and Ethan.

We have a second chance love story with The Good Luck Charm. Lilah and Ethan have a history. They were friends, then lovers, and finally they broke up. Both were hurting by Ethan's decision, but are too stubborn to fix it. Fast forward to eight years later, and they are brought together again. Now Ethan is going to do everything in his power to get them back together, after all it must be fate.

Lilah isn't sure about Ethan, and through most of the story she's guarding her heart against Ethan. He did break once, why would she want that to happen again. Ethan was dumb when he broke up with Lilah the first time, because he thought he was doing the right thing. We have him trying to win Lilah again. He has work cut in the story.

Anyway, I did enjoy The Good Luck Charm, Lilah had to overcome her fears with being hurt again. I love one the quotes in the story "Love has the potential to cause pain. It's a risk, and I think this is one worth taking." Sometimes love is a risk, but it's worth it. Anyway, I did have fun with Lilah and Ethan in this story. So, if you are a sucker for second-chance love stories, The Good Luck Charm is your read.

Copy provided by Forever Romance via NetGalley

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment