background

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Audiobook Review: How to Date Your Dragon by Molly Harper

I tend to listen to Molly Harper books on audible books, mainly because they are hilarious. When I saw that she had a new book on audible I had to grab it. Plus, it had dragons. Well, this story is a little different from her previous book. I didn't laugh out loud from the get go. It took little time to get into the story. I did listen to the story for the second time to see if I still felt the same way, and I did. It was a little easier to get into the story the second time, but it wasn't as funny as the Jane Jameson or Half-Moon Hallow books. 

We have Jillian Ramsay, and she's an all right character. Kind of quirky. Then we have Bael Boone who happens to be the sheriff of the town. We see that Molly tries to make these characters be light and fun, but it kind of falls flat. There are a few characters I think would be fun to read, like the Mayor Zed Berend. 

There are some good parts, but it wasn't like the previous stories I have read and listen to in the past. I hope the series gets a little better. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. The other thing I had an issue with was with the dual narration. Which I understand, because it has a dual point of views. Amanda Ronconi does a great job like always, and Jonathan Davis doesn't do a bad job. Yet, I'm so use to Amanda reading these books, so he was okay. I think those who have read Molly previous books might be a little disappointed. 

Rating:
3 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment