background

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Blood Guard by Megan Erickson (Review)

I guess I haven't read anything from Megan Erickson, but I have a ton of friends who have read her and love her. So, I decided to take a chance on Blood Guard. Actually, she had me with vampires. If that wasn't enough, the cover for Blood Guard was clincher. Seriously, this cover is yummy. Vampires and hot cover got me to read the story, but it was pretty good. I can't wait for book 2, because that should be good.

Anyway, we have Tendra who is basically living day to day. She's trying to decide if it's time to uproot herself and leave, because she has a feeling she should. However, she gets taken by this guy Athan. Athan isn't a typical guy, I mean he's a vampire. She's trying not freakout, and while given information that she's suppose to help save the human and the vampires. We have one sect that wants to enslave humans since they are inferior to vampires, and we have another group that wants to live with the humans. As the story continues we see that war is upon us.

I liked Blood Guard. I like how it's setting up the series. We have Tendra and Athan who are trying to do their duty to save everyone. However, key information is being with held, and we don't realize it until towards the end. That's when all chaos starts to ensue. Tendra and Athan's relationship a complicated one. Tendra is intended for Athan's brother, but he's lusting after her hard. Yet, Athan is duty bound to do what needs to be done even if it would cost him his life. Anyway, I actually like these two together once most of the information is laid out, again I said some stuff is missing. Overall, a pretty good start to a beginning of a new series. I like how things were getting laid out in this and I can't wait to see what Athan's brother does. He seems like a hot head and that should be interesting.

Copy provided by LoveSwept via NetGalley

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment