background

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Breathless by Beverly Jenkins (Review)

I was given the opportunity to read Breathless by Beverly Jenkins. I didn't read Forbidden, so I don't know if Portia pops up in the story. However, Breathless focuses on Portia and Kent. When Kent first met Portia she was scared of men and young, but now she's all grown up and mighty fine. Kent had some growing up to do before he could present himself to be a suitable suitor. After all, he liked to play the field while he was younger. Kent has his work cut out for him, because Portia has no desire to marry, after all what her mother did to her and her sister. Pretty heartless.

Anyway, Breathless was a pretty good story. I did like the chemistry between Portia and Kent. I love that he was willing to find a way to break through Portia's wall. I loved Portia's younger sister and I do hope there is a story in the works for her, because it could be so good. I can't tell you why. We find a budding romance, but being the old west there is some danger lurking around. Those who have been a fan of Beverly's books will probably enjoy Breathless.

Copy provided by Avon via Edelweiss

Rating:
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment