background

Saturday, August 18, 2012

ARC: Shadow Rising by Kendra Leigh Castle

 All right, I've had this book for almost a month staring at me, saying "you need to read me." However, there were other books that were calling me. So, I have been putting it off. I know, shame on me. I have been meaning to get to Shadow Rising  by Kendra Leigh Castle. So, here is what's it all about:

Ariane is locked up in her gilded cage wishing there was more she could do. She is worried about her friend Sammael who has disappeared from Grigori home. Taking matters into her own hands she leaves her home in search of Sammael. Where she comes into contact with a member of the House of Shadows.

Damien Tremaine is hired by the Grigori to go in search of Sammael when he comes across Ariane. Ariane is a fierce little thing and willing to defend herself at whatever cost. However, circumstances throw Damien and Ariane together, which they need to figure out how to work together. Since Shades are not know for working well with others, this is a challenge for Damien.

Well, this is a book three in the Dark Dynasties. Overall, I didn't feel like I was missing much, but it might be useful to go back to the previous two books. I believe that, if I had started with the future book four I might be a tad bit lost. Since this book really sets up for book four. Overall it was a pretty good read if you are looking for action and vampires. However, as a cautionary warning you might want to start with Dark Awaking  and Midnight Reckoning. Those books might be useful.

That's all for today, so happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment