background

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Beast of Beswick by Amalie Howard (Review)

I eventually finished The Beast of Beswick a while ago. It was a about the middle of December, but I just couldn't get myself to write the review for the book. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad story. I actually loved the first half the story. The banter between Thane and Astrid was good. They kept up with one another pretty well. However, as the story progress I was fell less enchanted with these two. It was a struggle for me stay engaged with the story. I would sit there try to force myself to finish the story. I know there were others who absolutely loved the story. The story had absolutely promise. We have a bluestocking heroine with beastly hero. I don't care that Thane wasn't the standard of handsome hero. I didn't really see these two draw closer together in the story, and by the time story ended they were madly in love. They magically came together, because he realize he wanted his wife.   I like Astrid, but there were times she drove me mad with her behavior with Thane. 

Overall, The Beast of Beswick was an all right read. Would it be something I picked up again, probably not. The writing isn't bad, but there was something I can't put my finger on. I did like Astrid and Thane individually, and I think they would work. However, I wasn't feeling this story. I guess you can say it was a beast to read. Hey it might work for you, and you can totally ignore my words. 

Copy provided by Entangled via NetGalley

Rating: 
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment