background

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Stepbrother, Mine by Opal Carew (Review)

First off, I didn't know that Stepbrother, Mine actually started out as a serial. Yeah, it was a serial. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of serials. Fortunately, St. Martin press actually combined the volumes together to form a book, and I happen to find this at the bookstore. Of course, they had a put a sexy cover, and it was a must buy. Also, I have read other books from Opal Carew and had enjoyed them. Here we are reviewing.

So, we have a taboo kind of read, but here's the thing: I didn't think it was all taboo.  I actually have a valid reasons: 1. They were only 10 years apart in age, and he was technically out of the house by the time they met. So, that would be more of a reason why it's taboo. 2. They were only step-siblings for 2 years. Now had they been step siblings when she was 6 and he was 16, and they lived in same house for more than 5 years. That would have been more an ick factor. I guess for some it would have been taboo, but then again I would think of it like terms of the movie Clueless. I mean Josh and Cheri did get together in the end. Enough of why I didn't think it was all that taboo.

Since Stepbrother, Mine was originally a serial, it's actually broken down into three parts. I actually like the flow of the parts. They flow into one another very nicely. Part one focuses on Dana and Mason reconnecting. They both find that they like one another. However, Mason is trying to keep Dana safe, and Dana wants a more from Mason. After all they both feel this connection that goes deeper. Part 2 focus on Mason and Dana explore passions together. Part 3 when everything implodes, and the reunite.

Overall, I liked Stepbrother, Mine. However, a lot of this story is pretty unrealistic. If you are one of those people that is going to nitpick on the impracticality of the story, you are going to want to steer clear of this one. Dana is willing to sell her virginity to the highest bidder. Okay, I think it's pretty genius idea in some ways. Opal goes into detail why she had. Sometimes, you can't get grants after a certain point of educations, and she didn't want to get a student loan. Being a virgin she's probably unlikely to jump into BDSM shortly after losing that card. There's some impracticality. If you are willing to overlook those kind of factors you might enjoy this how steamy read. I gave you my reasons why it's not really taboo. Especially, when they actually hooked up they are 10 years older, she's 26 and he's 36. It was a pretty good read.

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment