background

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Audiobook Review: Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Okay, there are a lot of mixed reviews on Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. However, I found myself liking this story. We have Daisy Devreaux she finds herself in big trouble, the only way out is to marry the guy her father picked out for her, Alex Markov. I love Daisy, because she's so sweet and bit flighty. However, she has a good heart. I felt extremely bad for her. She tried to make the best out of a crappy situation. Boy was it crappy. She was willing to give her marriage a real go, even though her husband was going about it like an asshat.

Alex has no desire to marry, but Daisy's father basically forced his hand into the situation. I mean her father basically gave Alex a chance to have a real life, so he called in the huge favor. Now he's stuck with a flighty wife. However, Daisy isn't flighty, she's stubborn. When Alex gives her a chance to pack her things, she decides to tough it out. It wasn't easy for her, because everyone thought she was a thief. Yeah, circus people don't like thieves, but she toughed it out.

Seriously, I felt so bad for Daisy. She even fell in love with her husband, even though he didn't deserve her love. Overall, Kiss An Angel had my emotions all over the place. There were a few characters I wanted to deck out. They would totally deserved it. It did take Alex a long time to appreciate Daisy's qualities.

Like always Anna Fields does an amazing job at narrating the story. She's one of my favorites to listen. She seems to bring each of the characters to life, and she makes listening to the story enjoyable.

Rating
4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment