background

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Audiobook Review: The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper

About six years ago, I stumbled upon a Molly Harper book, How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf. Never heard of this author, but a couple of things kind of screamed my name: 1) I was on a werewolf kick at that time. 2) It was on sale. 3) I had a gift card to use. So, I made my purchase, and it was a smashing good time. All I knew was I fell in love with Molly's writing style. Now flash forward to present day, I needed to beef up my Goodreads goal, and the best way is through audiobooks. I happen to have The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires already on my audible account, I figure I need something entertaining. Best decision ever made. I started to listen to this title and realize dude, I forgot how much I love Molly Harper's books. Granted I have only read a couple, but still a rocking good time. Which I need to get more Molly Harper books.

Anyway, Iris Scanlon is a daywalker. A concierge to the undead. Iris is a fun character; she's sassy, sarcastic, lively, and at times has inappropriate humor. Seriously, like the best kind of heroine in a story, when she stumbles upon Cletus Calix (Cal). Now Cal is her polar opposite. A condescending vampire that believes humans are way below him, but he needs Iris's help. He has a bit a trouble trying to get help, after all she's just human. These two are great together. It takes a little while for Cal to warm up to Iris. I mean Iris is a spitfire and can a be little much to take in.

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires had me hanging on to every word. Molly sure knows how to make a girl laugh out loud. Definitely a good time read. Since this was an audiobook, the narrator was Amanda Ronconi. By the way, she did an amazing job with the book. I love how she read Iris. Amanda brought Iris's sass to life, and she even made Cal seem so disdainful. I love how she read The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires, that I had to listen to the story again. Seriously, that good.

Totally loved The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires. I would totally recommend for the escape, and even going for the audible version.

Rating:
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment