background

Saturday, August 5, 2017

An Earl By Any Other Name by Lauren Smith (Review)

A few days ago I read, An Earl By Any Other Name by Lauren Smith. I absolutely loved the story. I'm only gripe will be the cover. The cover reminds me of most regency stories, so when I came to find out it was set in 1911 I was a little shock. That's pretty much my only issue with the story. However, it's a wonderful story set in a time where there a lot of change going on. We have women who want the right to vote, would like a voice in the world. They want to be more than object that should be place on a mantle.

Ivy Leighton would love to see change. She loved to be loved for herself and not her money. We still see at this time some of the Lord's trying to keep to the old ways, but the world is changing. Ivy definitely would like to be an equal in the world.

We have Leo, who is one of those lords who is trying to on to the old ways. Of course he has his road all mapped out, but when he gets to know Ivy he's not sure if the road he's on is the right course.

I love how Lauren brings to life these characters in An Earl By Any Other Name. You want to cheer on Ivy for being a progressive young woman, and at times you want to smack Leo for being an idiot. Yes, it's a quick read, but capturing. Yes, it could have been a little longer, but it was enough as a novella. Sometimes you get novellas and go that's it, but this isn't one of them. I love the dynamics these two bring to the story. I can't wait for more to come in this series.

Copy provided by Forever Romance via NetGalley

Rating:
5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment