background

Saturday, April 7, 2012

How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling

I was so excited to get Vicky Dreiling's new book this past week that I was about to start reading it. However, I changed my mind on, which is my prerogative. So, I opened up my Kindle to start reading, but had a change of heart. I said to myself, "No, lets start from the beginning. Let's start with the book with the book that introduces us to the Amy Hardwick." So, today I'm talking about How to Marry a Duke.

Oh my goodness, I forgot how much fun this book was. I mean I liked it at the time I read it, but I love it now. I mean everyone has seen The Bachelor on ABC or at heard about it. Take that show and place it in Regency time and you have a hilarious book in your hand.

So we first meet our to characters at a ball. A ball how fun right. We have the matchmaker, Tessa Mansfield (would be like Chris Harrison) and you have Tristan Gatewick, the Duke of Shelbourne (the Bachelor). However, I just don't really see Chris Harrison falling for the candidate. We have things that lead to a chain of events that gives us The Bachelor "regency style". Tessa finds 24 girls for the Duke to court. If you ever watch The Bachelor you know that it's a train wreck waiting to happen. Just to let you know this is a fantastic train wreck to read. You laugh, you cry, and in the end you have the happy ending you crave from your romance novel. Along the way you learn how the past shapes these two characters lives and changes there course in life.

It's a marvelous book to read.

1 comment:

  1. Melody, I'm so glad you enjoyed HOW TO MARRY A DUKE. All of my characters are very close to my heart, but Tristan & Tessa will always hold a special place, because they were my first couple. Thank you so much for your kind words about my book. May the Magic Romance Fairies be With You!

    Vicky Dreiling

    ReplyDelete