background

Sunday, October 16, 2016

My Brown-Eyed Earl by Anna Bennett (Review)

Yes, I started the music to Brown-Eyed Girl to My Brown-Eyed Earl. I think I even tried to come up with words for My Brown-Eyed Earl. Anyway, this was a fun read. Basically, we have two people who knew each other before and technically they were suppose to marry. However, Meg didn't feel they would suit, and feels that he dodged a bullet. However, the story reveals more than what both these characters know of the situation. That is way later into the story.

The more important things to remember is Meg is dire situation to help her family, so she's willing to be a governess for a guy she rejected. Will needs a governess, and he doesn't mind that Meg has to eat humble pie. However, he has never felt more alive than when he's being challenge by Meg. They are both equally match when it comes to the word wars. Plus, she has a talent to be the twins advocate. Now the twins are rambunctious six years that need a little guidance. Actually they look up to Meg as someone to admire.

Anyway, My Brown-Eyed Earl is a fun read. I mean you have Will and Meg going head to head, but they are perfectly match. Meg does a fantastic job with the twins. I was surprise with the ending. Not with Will and Meg getting together, but the turn of events, completely surprise. Overall, enjoyable and definitely can't wait for the next book. The series is something to look forward.

Copy provided by St. Martin via NetGalley

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment