background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Black Duke's Prize by Suzanne Enoch

Sunday, the eve before we got our stuff and the same day I started reading The Black Duke's Prize. I couldn't put it down, but I had to get some sleep the movers were coming the next day to deliver our stuff. Torn between sleep and a book. Well, sleep won. We were super busy that I wasn't able to get back to the book until late at night. Last night I was able to finish the book.

Here's what its about: We have Miss Katherine Ralston who goes to live with her Godparents while her uncle destroys her home. Then we have Nicholas Varon, the Duke of Sommesby the most eligible bachelor in the land. Nicholas decides to become friends with Katherine. I know friends, how does that work when your a rake and an innocent? She basically calls it as she sees it and doesn't take his guff.

Don't get me wrong they have there ups and downs. To my surprise I really like the book. I found it really sweet and fun. Who knew that a cad can be a good friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment