background

Friday, January 15, 2021

The Forever Girl by Jill Shalvis (Review)

I was privileged to get a chance to read The Forever Girl by Jill Shalvis. I'm glad a I got a chance, because it was a nice diversion from life. We get a chance to meet Maze, Caitlin, Walker, and Heather. When they were younger Caitlin's parents took in Maze, Walker, and Heather into their home. Tragedy hits and Maze, Walker, and Heather had to be place back into the system. However, they all stayed in contact. 

In the beginning Maze has a freakout and the band goes their separate ways until Caitlin comes up with a plan to bring them all back together. Caitlin plans to have a wedding, but she needs her family there. We see how things have change for each of them. We watch these four repair their bonds that were damage a few years ago. Also getting to know one another again. 

The Forever Girl had me all over the place with my emotions. I felt bad for Maze, and she couldn't out run Mayhem Maze. However, she's pretty amazing. Walker is pretty stoic. We don't really get a feel for him unless we are in his mind, and even then you don't really get to see him until the end. Heather is a hot mess, but she's managing it. Caitlin has to be in control, but she's barely hanging on. They actually are better all together. I enjoyed this story and it's a pretty good story to read. I like that they start to figure out that they are better with each in their lives. 

Copy provided by William Morrow via Edelweiss

Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment